Monday 21 November 2011

Here goes...

These are my current works in progress. 

The first is a very soft baby sweater knitted with Knitpicks City Tweed DK.


Phew, I didn't realise how long it takes to upload photos to a blog....

Anyhow, the pattern is Sirdar 1681Cabled Sweater and Hat.  It is quite fun to know if you don't mind working double moss stitch - the tweed yarn makes it kind of hard to see when the stitch you are working should be a plain or a purl.  Anyhow, the sweet result makes it so worthwhile.  I can wait to see my little grandson Leo wearing it on Christmas Day.  The Knitpicks City Tweed DK is a lovely yarn, and I may purchase some more in a different colourway to make something for myself in the new year.

The second project is a very rough (at the moment) shawl.

The yarn was given to me by my dear friend Lizzy, who purchased it while on holiday in Denmark.  It is called "Strikkepinden - og den lille Zebra" and so esoteric that it doesn't even feature on Ravelry, and that is saying something.  It is very rough to knit with and full of odd vegetable matter that has to be removed when kitting along.  However, I am reliably informed that it will become much softer and nicer after washing and blocking.

The pattern I am using is Springtime Bandit and can be downloaded for free from Ravelry.  It is great fun, easily memorised and could be classed as 'potato-chip' knitting.  I have finished the main body of the shawl and am about to start on the final lace chart.

Of course blogging - I realise - will cut down on the time I have available for knitting, but it is really nice to be able share...


No comments:

Post a Comment